Immigration Equality today praised the Obama Administration, and specifically the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), for new, written guidance that will extend discretionary relief to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) immigrants with U.S. citizen spouses and partners. The new written directive, which was announced in response to a Congressional letter spearheaded by Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and Congressman Jerrold Nadler (D-NY), marks one of the very first times LGBT families have been recognized within federal immigration policies. The guidelines, which are expected to be distributed soon to field offices across the country, will instruct officers and field agents to recognize LGBT families for purposes of relief as defined by a June 2011 memo from Immigration and Customs Enforcement Director John Morton.
This still doesn’t change anything. Until I have seen that ICE is actually not deporting and separating LGBT families I won’t believe any of this. The Obama admin. said DACA eligible folks wouldn’t be deported yet that wasn’t true.
- blasianlego likes this
- elektrokardiogrammatology likes this
- thismakesmeanxious likes this
- anyday-happyday likes this
- le-kif-kif reblogged this from luigimonstre and added:
- notflowers likes this
- luigimonstre reblogged this from le-kif-kif and added:
- landofthegods reblogged this from le-kif-kif
- luigimonstre likes this
- nikko-andtheleft likes this
- upintheer reblogged this from le-kif-kif and added:
- garishvakarian likes this
- theblackcommunist likes this
- luigimonstre posted this